The Governments Good Intentions and their Consequences
Are they really trying to help us? When governments threaten force to lockdown entire countries, it makes me wonder.
Let me tell you a personal story.
I worked as a computer systems contractor in a capital city last year. At the time I had 8 contracts and was making good money. Finally, after decades of hard work, I was able to support my family, pay my bills, eat, and save money all at the same time! It was really hard work but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Why were people so eager to close?
When the government gave our state a monetary incentive to lockdown, my town decided to go above and beyond and mandated everything closed. I lost 7 of 8 contracts. Those 7 businesses closed for good and I was no longer able to support my family, pay my bills, eat, and save money all at the same time. Which made me wonder, are they really trying to help us?
Saving is for losers
Dipping into my savings to cover living costs felt awful. All that hard work saving up, just gone. I sure as hell was not going to take any hand-outs from the government; sell my soul for a little relief. Those things always come with strings attached By the way, this is how they convinced every business to treat customers not wearing a mask like they were second-class citizens. Those businesses are afraid of losing their pittance.
A consequence is a result or effect of an action or condition.
The impositions the governments gifted us had the unintended consequence of enslaving the majority of the population. Interestingly, these people are free to leave bondage; but are choosing not to. They have grown accustomed to an easy, menial, worthless lifestyle. A lifestyle the government provided by currency debasement and borrowing from future generations. As well as the use of force against good hard working people, and welfare. These people are all too ready to swap their freedom for chains. As a result, we now clearly see the quality of men in our society today. That is, they are of the poorest quality; not worthy of the title of man.
The unintended consequences of these lockdowns have been disastrous for many. Compared to some, I have faired quite well. For instance, there has been massive spikes in suicide rates, mental health crises, drug overdoses, instances of starvation (including children), and domestic violence. You can find it outlined here: Unintended Consequences of the Lockdowns. I just wish the government would just stop “helping.”
This is not the first time the government has created the crisis. Some would argue its their modus operandi.
A Brief (incomplete) History of Government’s Good Intentions
- 1913 – Creation of the Federal Reserve – Intent: Protect the people from banks and economic turmoil Reality: Creates worse economic conditions for the poor and middle class. Rewards banksters and the politically connected.
- 1918 – Spanish Flu vaccine and mask policies – Intent: To protect people from the spread of spanish flu Reality: More people died of the vaccine and pneumonia caused by prolonged mask usage than from a virus.
- 1920 – Prohibition: Intent: Protect the people from the dangers of alcohol use. As well as promote societal cohesion and morality Reality: Increased the amount of deaths related to alcohol use. The Increased violence, destruction of human rights.
- 1938 – Minimum Wage Laws – Intent: Raise the poor out of poverty. Reality: Decimated cheap labor. This increased prices of products making them less affordable. Decreased prospects for unskilled workers. Made it more difficult for workers to gain experience. This was due to employers needing to be more selective.
- 1940’s – Jim Crow Laws – Intent: Economic advancement, stabilize communities, promotion of “superior and desirable” traits. This was based on research popular at the time. i.e. scientific racism (seen as a good thing at the time. See Charles Darwin: The Descent of Man ) Reality: Promoted and perpetuated racism and generally seeded racial hate. Led to mistreatment and disenfranchisement of blacks.
- 1960’s – MK-ULTRA – Intent: To protect the U.S. from foreign enemies. Reality: Killed people all over the world. including U.S. citizens by using inhumane torture techniques and deadly chemical experimentation. (Read: Poisoner in Chief)
- 1970s’ – Community Reinvestment Act – Intent: Aid low and middle class families in obtaining new homes. Reality: Caused housing prices to rise. Led to the housing crash in 2008.
- And much much more… Reagans stimulus, NRA supported gun regulations, Public Schooling!(see more about that here),The Patriot Act, Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), etc.
If Truth Was a Target
All of these government actions had the exact opposite effect of what was originally intended. How is that possible? Unless of course, that was the goal.
Aristotle said that everything right and good is truth. And because of this, truth is desirable. He used an analogy involving a target; truth being the bullseye. Most people desire to get as close to truth as possible.
When government creates a target and their purported intent is truth; then why is it that they ALWAYS, WITHOUT FAIL, shoot the arrow in the opposite direction AWAY from the bullseye?
You cannot name a SINGLE government policy that has improved society as a whole. NOT A SINGLE ONE! So, what is the point of government? Do you still believe their intentions are good?
I’ll leave you with these questions.
In Liberty my friends,
Please remember to Share, Like, and Subscribe for more content like this.